In a world driven by technology, our smartphones have become indispensable companions in our daily lives. Among the most iconic and sought-after devices is the iPhone. In 2022, Apple introduced a game-changing addition to its lineup the iPhone 14 series. Packed with innovation and cutting-edge features, the iPhone 14 is more than just a phone; it's a powerful tool that can enrich our lives in countless ways.
Our mission is to empower you with knowledge, tips, and tricks that will enable you to make the most of your iPhone 14. Whether you want to boost your productivity, capture stunning photos, explore the latest iOS innovations, or simply enhance your overall Apple iPhone 14 experience, this blog is your one-stop destination.
Join us on this journey as we dive deep into the world of the iPhone 14 and equip you with the skills and insights to make it an integral part of your daily life. It's time to unlock the true potential of your iPhone 14, and we're here to guide you every step of the way.
1. Turn-Off Always On Display
The iPhone 14 Pro comes with a feature called "always-on display." It basically keeps a clock visible on your screen all the time, even when your phone is locked. This can be handy, but it might also use up your battery more quickly.
If you want to turn it off, here's how:
- Go to your phone's "Settings."
- Tap on "Display and Brightness."
- Look for the "Always On" option and turn it off. It's that simple!
Now, if you only want it on during the day and not at night, you can set it up to automatically turn off. Here's how:
- Again, go to "Settings."
- This time, select "Focus," and then choose "Sleep."
- In the "Sleep" settings, you can schedule a time for the always-on display to turn off each night.
Once you set this up, your always-on display will only be active during the day, and it won't bother you at night.
2. Lock a private note behind Face ID
Now, in the Notes app, you can add extra security to a particular note by using your FaceID, not just your regular phone passcode. Here's how to set it up:
- Go to your iPhone's Settings.
- Scroll down and find the "Notes" option.
- Tap on "Password."
- On the next screen, choose "Use Device Passcode."
- Then, turn on the "Use FaceID" option.
Once you've done this, you won't need a separate password to open your locked notes.
To lock a specific note:
- Open the Notes app.
- Find the note you want to lock.
- Press and hold that note.
- A menu will pop up – select "Lock Note."
Now, when you try to open that note, your iPhone will use FaceID to make sure it's really you trying to access it, adding an extra layer of security.
3. Edit or Remove iMessages
Messaging can sometimes lead to two common problems: you might regret a message right after sending it, or you might notice an embarrassing typo. The good news is that iOS 16 offers a solution for these issues. You can now unsend or edit iMessages.
Here's how it works: When you're in the Messages app, just type your message as usual and send it. If you change your mind or spot a mistake after sending, long-press the message. A menu will pop up with two options: 'Edit' and 'Undo send.' You can choose whichever option suits your needs at that moment.
But there's a catch to keep in mind. If the person you're sending the message to doesn't have iOS 16, they won't see it as unsent; they'll still receive the message as usual.
4. Drag Foreground Subjects Away from Backgrounds
One of the cool new features in iOS 16 is the ability to take a person or object out of a photo and use it separately in other apps. It's like cutting them out of the picture. You can do this easily.
First, tap and hold the person or object in the photo to remove it from the background. Then, while still holding it with one finger, use your other hand to switch to the app where you want to use it, like Pages or Photoshop.
For example, if you want to put it in a Pages document, open Pages, make a new document or use an existing one, and then just drop the image in there. If you're having trouble, you can watch a video for help.
But if you want to share it differently, you can tap and hold the person or object, wait for a white line to appear around it, and then tap "share." From there, you can choose where to share it or copy it and manually paste it into another app.
5. See the Wifi Password You’re Using
A feature that many people have wanted for a while is the ability to see the password for the Wi-Fi network you're using. Well, in iOS 16, you can do just that. Here's how:
- Open your iPhone's Settings.
- Tap on 'Wi-Fi.'
- Find the network you're currently connected to and tap the little info icon next to it.
- On the next screen, you'll find an option labeled 'Password.'
- Tap on it, and your iPhone will use Face ID to confirm it's you, and then it will show you the Wi-Fi password.
6. Must-Try Quick-Dial Siri Shortcut
We found a nifty Siri Shortcut trick. It lets you put a speed dial shortcut on your home screen, so you can call an important contact without searching through your phone book.
Here's how to do it:
- Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
- Tap the '+' sign in the corner, then select 'Add Action.'
- Look for 'call.' If your contact isn't suggested, tap the '+' and choose 'contact.'
- Pick the contact you want to speed dial.
- Tap the share icon (that's the square with the arrow pointing up).
- In the menu, select 'Add to Home Screen.'
- On the next screen, you can change the icon. You can even use a picture of the contact. Also, adjust the name.
- Tap 'Add,' then 'Done,' and you'll have a shortcut on your home screen to quickly call your top contact(s).
In this guide, we've explored various ways to harness the full potential of your iPhone 14. From conserving battery life by turning off the always-on display to enhancing security with Face ID, and from editing sent messages to manipulating photo subjects for creative projects, these tips and tricks are designed to make your iPhone 14 experience more efficient and enjoyable. Whether you're a seasoned iPhone user or just getting started, these insights are here to help you unlock the many features and conveniences this powerful device has to offer. Your iPhone 14 is more than just a phone; it's a versatile tool for improving your daily life.