Microsoft recently released NuGet 5.8 and this is the first release to offer full authoring and restoring support for NuGet packages targeting .NET 5.0.
NuGet 5.8 is available in Visual Studio 16.8 and .NET 5.0 packs, Also you can download NuGet 5.8 as a standalone for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
NuGet 5.8 is one of the main releases in .NET unification journey. The NuGet tooling helps developers find new .NET packages to use for their .NET applications while making package management easier during daily development.
Improvements in NuGet 5.8:
- Create and use .NET 5 NuGet packages with .NET 5 Support.
- Faster package extraction by using MemoryMappedFiles for Faster Writes.
- Search for packages using the NuGet CLI Search Command.
- See faster NuGet restores with No-Op Restore Optimization.
- Diagnose your package list with dotnet list package –verbosity.
- Install prerelease packages with dotnet add package –prerelease.
- Verify signed NuGet packages with dotnet nuget verify.
- Get to code faster with NuGet Solution Load Performance Improvements.
- Be more productive with Visual Studio Package Manager Improvements.
For more details about NuGet 5.8 announcement, please visit the official website. courtesy: Microsoft.