Microsoft released the latest TypeScript RC 4.2 version. The latest version of Typescript provides some exciting new features, new checking flags, editor productivity updates, and speed improvement. Also, the company said that "the stable release of TypeScript 4.2, we expect no further changes apart from critical bug fixes".
The latest version of Typescript provides some exciting new features, product updates, and speed improvement,
- Leading/Middle Rest Elements in Tuple Types
- Smarter Type Alias Preservation
- Stricter Checks For The in Operator
- abstract Construct Signatures
- Improved Uncalled Function Checks in Logical Expression
- Relaxed Rules Between Optional Properties and String Index Signatures
- Declare Missing Helper Function and more.
TypeScript 4.2 RC is now available and you can use the below command to install the new version,
npm install [email protected]
If you want to download Typescript for Visual Studio,
Please follow the below instructions for Visual Studio Code or Sub,
For more details about this release, please visit the official Microsoft website. Courtesy: Microsoft